Oh Noo!!! It's A Noob!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xepa777

Beta member
I'm looking at any laptop here. I'm
just looking for the best deals to take advantage of my money
at a time with the deflating dollar hahaha.

This is the best value I found with my own searching.

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Centrino® Processor Technology
$799.99
Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor T5550; 3GB DDR2 memory; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 16" widescreen; 320GB hard drive; fingerprint reader; built-in webcam; Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1

Buut, you guys are the experts so I am wondering if you can find
anything better! heheh. Price is not an issue as long as I get the
best value. So a $1200 laptop works, if it is worth $2000 with
features hahah.

1. Budget: How much money are you willing to spend on the laptop? I just want the best value.

2. Screen: What size screen do you want, and do you need widescreen? doesn't matter

3. Brands: Are there any brands you want or don't want to buy? not really

4. Mobility: How much will you need and how long does the battery need to last? Best value you can find.

5. Durability: Does this laptop need to be sturdy or durable/semi-durable? Doesn't matter

6. Multitasking: Will you be multitasking with this laptop and if so, how much? regularly need 15 firefox windows and real-time stock charts, so ya it would be helpful.

7. Gaming: Will you be gaming and if so, how much and how new are the games? no

8. Calculations: Will you be doing any intense calculations or multimedia encoding? no

9. Storage: How much storage will you need and what will you be storing? I dunno. Best value? hahah

10. Optical Media: Will you need to burn any optical media like CDs or DVDs? no

11. Operating System: Do you want Windows XP or Vista, or Linux compatibility? XP or Vista is preferable

12. Location: What country do you live in? United States

Thanks for helping a confused, lost individual!

Sounds like you'll need to max out the memory and CPU, but you don't necessarily need the best graphics or hard drive. If you're mainly using it for web browsing and have a lot of windows/tabs open at a time, you'll want a lot of memory (2+ GB) and a fast processor. 3GB of memory should be good, but I'd possibly go up a bit with the CPU. The T5550 is pretty common, but there are faster chips out there that can be found for well under $1000. I do agree to go with Intel though, as Intel seems to perform much better than AMD in the current generation of chips. If you can save money by going with XP instead of Vista, do it, as Vista won't be necessary for web browsing.

I have a big huge multimedia/gaming laptop with Vista Ultimate, but two of my friends both bought new Dell 14" laptops. One of my friends got a Vostro 1420 and the other got an Insprion 1420. Those are pretty much the same PC except the Vostro is the cheaper business model. They have the T5550 as the base chip, 3GB memory, good hard drive, optional dedicated 8400M GS graphics, 14" LCD display (widescreen), and the Vostro has the option of XP.

Thanks so much for the help!!!! :)

Do you have a specific sale in mind that you could link me to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom