Hooking A PC Up To A HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I am looking at getting a 42" HDTV. I am thinking about a Sony Bravia.

If I want to hook my pc up to this tv, will I need to get a tv that has a native 1920x1050 panel in it, so I can display at that resolution with my pc?

I noticed some specs say the tv is full 1080P.....which says they have a native resolution of 1920X1050

Others say that the 1080p resolution is only available thru HDMI?

I am confused :confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

its 1920x1080 by the way...

i use my 40 inch samsung lcd tv as my monitor

just buy a hdmi to dvi cable and you'll be fine.. you can find em at your local bestbuy.. or even newegg :)

some newer tv's actually already come with a dvi or d-sub input.. mine has a d-sub in it.. but no dvi..

i, in no way suggest you use d-sub if you have it... it looks like dog turd in terms of color

then you can take one of these pictures :)

102_0022.jpg

102_0019.jpg

I just recently did this. I own a 27" Olevia HDTV and it has a VGA port on it. It only runs at 1360x760 but i just run a DVI->VGA cable out the second DVI port on my 8800GT. I don't use it as my main monitor but i can clone image or play games on it instead if i want.

If it only has DVI and wants HDMI there are DVI->HDMI addaptors. However it should run at full res with only DVI.

Holy crap NosBoost300....are you powering that beast with that X1900XTX you bought from me?

not yet!!! but it will be once i get my water pump!! i have no cooler for my cpu.. so i'm computerless at the moment..

in that picture it was powered by my old 8800gtx.. and recently it was powered by my old 9800gx2... but, sometime during this week your x1900xtx will be powering up this baby!

i can't wait to have my watercooling loop up and running

let me know how the tv works for you!!! i'll never game on anything smaller than my 40 incher ever again... gaming will never be the same!!! it consumes all my vision.... and not in a bad... oh god my eyes hurt kinda way

hands are lifesized in first person shooters... and it really feels like ur in the game

i won't even begin to speak of what condemned has done to me!!!! and doom 3....

and not only that.. now i can sit back and chill while playing gta4 on my ps3 from my bed.. good fun!!!

i wanna get one of those wireless mouse pointers that are like the wii-mote.. that would definitely make me even lazier than i already am

Our HDTV will be in our living room....used mainly for watching tv.......but I am thinking I may sneak a cable to it from the pc so I have that option if i wish to use it.

i say you do it... totally worth it.. and amazing good fun...

and not only that.. pick up some more storage.. save ur dvd's on the pc.. and u got yourself a movie box so you never have to get up to change dvd's again!!

and get a nice tv tuner... and record yourself some television!! thats the track i'm on!!

and i've received good news that i've gotten my x-fi xtreme music today!! happy dayssss... my computer is almost complete

and.. also, when ur having lil family parties.. inviting people over.. you can picture slideshows going on in the background... with your music playing hooked up to some surround sounds (if you have it of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom