Need a new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
Well, my mobo, or at least i hope it's my mobo, has crapped out on me. i thought originally that it was the cpu, but i got a new one of those, and well, it's not the cpu. so the mobo is my next part to replace, i've done some troubleshooting and i narrowed it down to the motherboard or cpu, so i took a gamble with it being the cpu and lost. i've been want to upgrade for a while, so i guess this is a prime to do so. i've been doing some researching and browsing through newegg, and i noticed that the nvidia chipsets are having some trouble with video corruption? and that there are a ton to choose from. i haven't decided if i'll go sli in the future or not, but i might. it just depends on the money situation and if i want to buy new graphics cards. i've overclocked a bit, but lately i haven't so much since it gets so hot in my room, so that's not a huge priority. I haven't set a price yet, but i'm thinkin' around 150 or under, but i can afford to go up to around 200 if i decide to. So if you guys good give me a few good ones to look at, it would be much appreciated. i forgot how many different boards there were out there. Thanks, Gavin.

edit: i forgot to say, i do some gaming and i do a lot of photoshop. i may get into video editing in the near future, but that depends on my motivation to do so.

the Biostar p45 is a monster overclocker, but as you said your not too interested in that.
Any p35 chipset like ds3r would be fine. (ip35 maybe its cheap)

if you want sli go for a 750i ftw board.

thats the one with the video playback corruption bug (actually they may all have it, but i know evga does).
i say get a p45. there are several that are under 200.

SLI isn't worth it anyways, especially since there are HD 4850's which own in Crossfire mode..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom