Building a gaming computer, i need some help with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilim4t1c

Baseband Member
I'm trying to build a new desktop, and i know how to assemble everything, but im pretty lost on if these are all compatible, can somebody please check this out

Case
Newegg.com - Rosewill R218-P-BK Black 0.5mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Mobo
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Video Card
Newegg.com - ASUS EN8800GT/G/HTDP/512M GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Power Supply
Newegg.com - hec HP585D RETAIL 585W ATX12V Power Supply - Power Cord Included 100 - 120 V/ 200 - 240 V UL, cUL, FCC, CSA - Power Supplies

RAM
Newegg.com - pqi POWER Series 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Processor
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Brisbane 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

Now i understand that the power supply is a crappy brand name. And i also have a couple questions about that and some other stuff as well...

1. If i don't overclock anything at all, and i play a game like crysis, what can happen if i buy a cheap power supply such as the one linked above.

2. Do i need a PCI-E connector for the video card that i have linked above.

3. I did some research on the video card i want to buy, and lots of people said that the fan speed stays at 29% until it reaches 70 degress celsius, will i need some extra fans in my case to keep my computer cool if i run a game like crysis (at medium/high settings, not max) at 1280x1024.

Thanks, any information will be very much appreciated.

Please edit your post.
You only linked one item correctly, which was your power supply, so otherwise, we can't exactly help you as you'd like. D:

Sorry, just fixed the links, my bad about that....my budget is about 400 dollars to answer your question Peter.cort

Also, i will be getting another 2GB stick in a month or so after buying this computer, just thought i might add that in case it matters for the power supply at all

I was debating on if i should get 2 x 1gb for the dual channel thing, but i will be getting another 2 gb stick soon so i dont know if it's neccessary

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/updated-power-supply-guide-137927/

HEC is listed on the Brands to Avoid list.

To answer your questions:
1. Your PSU may not supply sufficient power to all yoru components, and your PC could randomly shut off.
2. Yes, you need a PCI-E plug from your PSU to power the card.
3. Use RivaTuner to boost of up the fan speed; I have mine at 70% normally, and around 90% when I'm doing heavy gaming.

It may wear the fan out faster, and would be louder. It's best to leave it at a speed where the temps stay comfortably low, and only have the speed increase to over 90% when needed for heavy gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom