800x600 resolution on an LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suidakra

Baseband Member
I've had my eye on some 15" and 17" LCDs (I'll probably get a 17 inch) for quite some time now. One thing that discourages me is that I read "1024x768 resolution recommended" on nearly all sites carrying them.

I still am a 800x600 user, as I like the look of larger text and pictures. I don't know how anybody can comfortably read the small text of higher resolutions. Anyways, that's a whole topic itself.

So, my question is if 800x600 looks just a clear and vivid on an LCD as 1024x768 resolution? Why is 1024x768 recommended?

Thank you.

I also forgot to mention that I didn't really know where to place this question. Hopefully this part of the forum will do.

thats just the native resolution . . .

like i have a notebook, that can go upto 1400x1050 . . .

but it still does 800x600 pretty well

(sarcasim on) Get your eyes fixed. (off)
It is such a waste to only use 800x600 when you could use some much more space.
That is one of my worst pet peves when support users. I always bump it up and tell them it's better for their eyes, and for some reason they never complain. Well except for one guy who needed glasses anyway...

haha yeah, thats why instead of an upgrade for integrated wireless capabilities, i got sxga+ on my laptop monitor instead (1400x1050!!)

now im aiming for 1600x1200 on my next monitor (and 1920x1080 on my next lcd hdtv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom