Build or Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello49

Solid State Member
I've been browsing your forums for a couple months now trying to learn a little because I've been planning on getting a new computer for college. My friend just bought a computer from alienware which is really good. Area-51 Ultimate Gaming Desktop PC With Dual Graphics - Alienware It is pretty expensive, but it is really good and would probly last a while. How much better off would I be by building one? I know I would be saving some money and would learn a lot, but I don't really wanna risk having a dead PC. I'm pretty sure I could handle the build, but I want to make sure the advantages outweigh the risks. Thanks in advance.

LOL at Alienware, you can build that same rig for half the price... Alienware are one of the most overpriced places to buy from...

other places usually charge $400+ for an assembled rig you can make yourself.. and its not hard like most myths tell you

everyone starts off somewhere......
it really isn't that hard putting everything together
the only hard part is if you have a dead part
then you gotta trouble shoot to see which part is bad
as long as you take your time and take in the pre-cautions, you are good to go.
I built mine booted up first time and still going strong after a year :)
sounds hard but easy to do
building your own really is the way to go.

images

all the plugs pretty much only fit in where they are suppose to go, if it doesn't fit, don't force it, because it doesn't go there!

off topic- everytime I see threads like this, I think of that pic where the kids sawed off a part of the vid card to fit into a pci slot instead of pci express

yeah, definitely dont buy from alienware, too overpriced

if you are a little worried about building a box yourself, try ibuypower.com

i find them to be one of the most reasonable priced pc builders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom