PSU fan suddenly loud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just an update on this.. I fixed up all the wiring so it's out of the way of the side fan.

Now the PSU fan is not working at all!

When I put it all together after rearranging the wires then rebooting, I played bf2 to test how the temps go and it eventually crept up to 53 Celsius! Plus the PSU fan was non-existant.. normally its screaming by this time.

I don't know jack about wiring but do I need to plug in something for the PSU fan to work or does it go on it's own?

Maybe it's time to find a new PSU? - it's only about 2-3 years old.

The PSU fan should just automatically work. There's nothing to hook up. If that stopped working I wouldnt use the comp at all until you get a replacement PSU. Overheating a PSU could be dangerous. So i would just replace the PSU, maybe even get more wattage than the last one, the fan issue could have been caused by the orig PSU overheating due to being overworked.

The PSU fan should just automatically work. There's nothing to hook up. If that stopped working I wouldnt use the comp at all until you get a replacement PSU. Overheating a PSU could be dangerous. So i would just replace the PSU, maybe even get more wattage than the last one, the fan issue could have been caused by the orig PSU overheating due to being overworked.

agreed.

Go out and buy yourself a Corsair 550VX excellent PSU for a decent price. The Corsair 620HX is rock solid as well. so either one of those PSU's will serve you right.

:) cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom