High temps = artifacts???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally it is high temperatures that cause instability, then instability causes artifacts - generally speaking if the artifacts are lines it is memory, dots are GPU core.

or if the comp hangs it is core cuz dots can actually be memory too but haging isnt an artifact no nvm

Yes it is from the heat...I only know this cause I was OC'ing my Radeon9800 Pro last night to help out Doom3 some..and went I hit that peak level it was displaying all that fragment crap..I dropped the settings down a tad and they went away which I was happy with.

I would imaging if you get a nice VGA cooler you could OC it more assuming your actual case is cool enough at current state.

Yeah, careful with the stock stuff. It isnt always very good. Although when you put a new HSF on Card, you Void Warranty.

GameGURU said:
Yeah, careful with the stock stuff. It isnt always very good. Although when you put a new HSF on Card, you Void Warranty.

yeah I think I've voided all my warrenties ;)

It might not be heat, but a lack of power - if you increase your AGP voltage you might get better results, but that most definitely will increase the temperature, and you will need better cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom