decision time

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think all p45 are x8 / x8. but pcie2.0 and thats plenty smokin hot fast (for this year anyways lol!)
that and they have native support for 45nm.
those couple of things and the 8/16 phase power regulators are the main differences from P35.

i figured i'd go ahead and get a pretty good mobo so that when the nehalem chips come out i can grab one of those high end wolfdale quads for cheap(er) or see what AMD has on the table.
this asus board looks pretty frikkin sweet.
everything i am reading is saying 500+ EASY.
i look forward to it.
any other suggestions? gonna pull the trigger in the morning if not...

Personally I would go for the Asus mobo. 4-phase power is pretty old school and that might come more into play when clocking a quad core.

If you want to go all out then the P5Q Deluxe has 16 phase power :) but if you are spending that much you might as well get a x38/x48 mobo.

Personally I am a fan of Asus mobos because they have very regular BIOS updates and every single one I've had has been a rock solid, monster overclocker.

too late. already ordered the p5q pro. like we were talking about, the power regulators on the biostar are becoming dated...no doubt it is a great mobo, but i think i will put the power to the test, and the asus is just better in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom