Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
Hey guys kinda stumped on this

dual core and single 8800gt
or
from what ive seen and read on these forums
the current favored configuration is q660 and sli 8800 gt

form pricing parts using you parts guide(nice sticky btw)it seems that a difference of 300-500$ is added to the price from one to the other.

my question is this ..is it really worth the extra cash sli has moved to a point that you gain an extra 80%? so effectively 2 8800gts in sli = 180% not sure if i got that right

and how many(few it seems) programs utilize quad cores(any games?)besides cyrsis

my comp would be used mainly for gaming THATS IT so in purchasing the first system for say 700-800$ should handle any games I throw at it.

300-500$ is a lot to me just want to know its justified.

thats a lot of 1 dollard bills athe the strip club.

Not anymore...

since the release of the HD 4850, those in Crossfire outperform the 8800gt, plus you can get a better board like a Maximus Formula or Asus P5E or some P35/X38 board with a q6600

Its surprisingly powerful, however still got nothing over GPU's like 7950gt or something like that

but I have yet to overclock it (I thought I mentioned this on another thread you had?)

Only good game I have is COD4, and I get a solid 40-50FPS on it on 800x600, 2x AA, Textures on High

PS: about the lateness, I had no COD4 because I formatted, and I got it like 3 days ago, but didn't get time to play because I was keeping an eye on T.F. and moderating duties

u did and i think im going to go with the single card solution 8800gts(g92)for only a little more than an 8800gt it should handle anything i throw at it together with a q6600 it should fit my needs let alone my wallet.

1 qoestion.....is the q6600 enough to unleash the cards full potential?

There will be no bottleneck if thats what you're asking... but you should overclock that q6600

indeed plan to(new to overclocking cant wait)

appears to be quite stable for oc from what ive read.

Its surprisingly powerful, however still got nothing over GPU's like 7950gt or something like that

but I have yet to overclock it (I thought I mentioned this on another thread you had?)

ima have money to ship it to you monday btw!

also i have a q6600 stock right now havent reinstaled my tuniq yet, and its botllnecking my gpu like crazy. alltho it may be the 1gig of ram i have to.

Quad and a single gpu for me.

I mean a 8800GT or GTS G92 will be enough for 19-20" screens anyway, you wouldnt really use all the SLI power i wouldnt have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom