I'm back, but comuter is still wiggin out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niverive

In Runtime
Ok so you guys know my computer broke a few months ago, it wouldn't stay on for very long and I sent it in, they fixed it and I put a more powerful power supply in it so I wouldn't toast it anymore, but when I got it back still havin problems, I'll list them in order they started happening.

1. When I first got it back I noticed things took a little longer to load, btw when they recieved it the CPU pins were bent but they said they were able to bend them back and it worked fine under stress tests, also on the 2nd day I had it back it turned off by itself when loading Windows, but that never happened again, been about a month now.

2. A Majority of my programs stopped responding randomly when using them, I thought it mighta been cause I installed Service Pack 3 for XP but that didn't help when I took it off, I also noticed that when I watched movies in Media Classic Player, sometimes the video would freeze, not entirely but loop like .5 seconds of the video where it froze at, but the sound would continue normally, and closing the program and reopening it wouldn't fix it either, would have the same looping video, had to restart PC to fix it. Also my computer started freezing altogether when playing games and stuff.

3. Just starting last night I've had this happen a few times, I would be playing FFXI Online and watching a video, 2nd time it happened when only playing FFXI, but I would be playing and the screen would suddenly dim for a moment and the computer would be frozen, nothing on the keyboard would work, but the sound of the video from the media player kept going, also it would continue to dim every 5 seconds and if i pushed buttons the PC speaker would beep.

Please someone tell me if they have the slightest idea what is wrong with this machine.

Well, I called my computer company this morning and talked to tech support, he told me to try a fresh install of windows, so I formated my HD, and reinstalled Windows from scratch, also this time i made two partitions, one for Windows and official programs pertaining to windows, and one for games, movies, and other unofficial windows software, you know random stuff.

The guy told me they replaced the DVD Drive, CPU fan, Power supply, and motherboard, I didn't think Windows would even start on a new motherboard, but he said they did.

So anyways no problems so far, but I've yet to watch a video, and currently updating my FFXI, so we'll see if i still have problems tonight or tomorrow. He told me if i still have the screen dimming freeze problem that my video card is going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom