6800 is slowwwwww HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
I just bought a BFG 6800 OC from Bestbuy for 299$

I took out my 9600 xt and put this in.......i installed the 61.77 drivers off of nvidia.com and then restarted my computer

I ran far cry with all settings on just high...and got horrible performence.........it was like playing doom 3 with a geforce 4 mx

i uninstalled all my ATI drivers but still no luck.....i have dx 9.0c

could someone tell me what these detonator drivers are and where to get them

also what shjould i set my graphics aperture to...its at 64 right now

thanks

Detonator is, I believe, what NVIDIA was calling their drivers for their cards. They appear to have renamed to a new set of drivers. One of the sh*tty things about NVIDIA is their policies regarding updates for drivers are worse than a Microsoft-license-director's wet dream. Either way, though, their latest driver version should be right for their latest chip version.

As for your performance being slow, you need to consider your other hardware. What's your RAM? Proc? Mobo? Chipset? And don't forget you got the OC version of the card. The real performers on that chipset are around $400+.

Well personaly when i install a new device like a video card or cpu or like a major ram upgrade i like to do a fresh install so my OS has absolutley no confilicts with the new hardwear + u get to see max performance just a thought not saying it will fix ur problem but maybe

This could be alot of things, spyware, virus' , too many programs open in the background etc. Check for those things and if there is not a difference in performance check back here. Also see if your PC recognizes that it is a 6800 and not the 9600. Make sure to remove the old ATi drivers as well. That could cause conflict.

Check your BIOS settings for you AGP slot. You may have a caching or bandwidth problem that is legacy from your old card. Check with the new card's manual for the right bit-rates and caching.

You may also need to do a round of updating for the drivers of all your components (vid, mobo, chipset, windows, sound-c, proc, bios, etc.).

(BTW, you'd have to under-clock an XP3200+ to make 2.1Ghz, as they start at 2.2.)

i updated everything except for my mobo bios....I tried but it wont seem to work

can someone walk me through this if they have a A7N8X-X

thanks....please help....a 6800 shouldnt be as slow as a 9600 xt

also.....does anyone know an overclocking program that will work with a nVidia 6800

If you haven't tried the BIOS work, like I suggested, i would still recommend going and gettign the manual pdf from their site and taking a look.

Also, as a side note, i will mention that NVIDIA has a lovely way of putting out new cards that they just don't fully support for a while. When the geforce3 came out, it simply would not operate to full capacity with the chipset I had at the time (VIA). It was such a downer and a frustration, because here I had their latest greatest card, and my dirt old ATI Rage Fury Pro was kicking its ass. You have to watch ALL the details when you work with NVIDIA. The don't "play well with others".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom