Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Steven, but I think there'll be more complaining about the GTX 260 and 280, but until the drivers mature I think its placement is correct

Ok, I guess thats the 1gb helping there at high resolutions.. but otherwise at normal resolutions... it hardly beats the 9800gx2.... but its up to Ste to decide if he wants to change it

Those charts are too board, look at individual games.
XFX GTX 280 Review - Overclockers Club

Even still, if I chose to look at those charts there is only a one or two Frame per second difference between the two cards. GX2 is still the best for the price, and until sora, the Original thread poster, tells me or another super mod to list the cards otherwise they will stay as is.

Its not behind, it is better, but not by enough margin, Until ATi's release, the GX2 is best bang for your buck.

In bioshock the GTX 280 performs much better than the GX2, in other games the GTX is only slightly better, and in other games the GX2 is better.

But the difference is the price, the GTX 280 costing on average 100 USD more than a GX2 is just too expensive for it's performence, Of course it all depends which game you want to play and at what resolution.

Sad that a card that was suppoused to set a new level is still behind the last generation card and more expensive.

imo it has se ta new level its a single chip none the less, and the 9800gx2 has a very high proccesing power wit h2 g92's , i find the gtx280 to be a success all we need are better drivers and a price drop but i still say it performs beter, price has no place here it is highest performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom