I'm outta ideas can someone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I recently got Crysis, and up till now its been playing pretty well like a minimum that I have seen is about 30fps and its nice and smooth. Well the other day I went to play it and I was only getting about 19fps for a max and it was really choppy... so I restarted the computer and tried again and it went right back to 30+fps. Well now today I am getting 19fps and no matter what I try it just wont get back up to the 30+. It also froze once today when I tried it. So do you have any ideas what could be causing this? All my other games still play nice and smooth with good frame rate. or should I just uninstall the game and reinstall it? any opinions would be great, thanks

One thing you should try first the last time it played smoothly check to see what game configurations you had on it before if you remember set it back to the way you had it, also your video card settings may have changed just a lil bit the last time you turned off the game and rebooted your pc.
Try your original settings first before you do anything else.

Also, Crysis gets very demanding at different parts of the game. Depending on your resolution and video settings, it could do this quite normally. I would check your settings and lower them (like form Very HIGH to just High, or 1440x900 res to 1280x720 res). Then if it still has trouble, let us know.

My thought is, "What else is running in the background?" If Crysis is anything like BF2, it is stingy with resources and doesn't like to share.

well I go through and I turn off everything possible as far as background programs before I play any of my games just for that reason. I'll go through and check the settings and get back to you. I don't think its just a very "stressful" part of the game because I was getting about 35fps if I remember and I died and then I had to leave so I went back to the checkpoint. Went back into the game later at that exact same spot and like I said now its max of about 19 if I'm lucky, but I'll still go through and make sure no settings were changed.

well all the settings are all still the same, I even tried loading up one of my past save points and its doing the same thing.

nothing overclocked?

maybe reinstall would help. i hate recommending it, because it sucks to have to do it. lol i've probably installed bf2 8 times on my rig....:(

I have my cpu OC a little bit... but I have been playin with that since this issue started and nothing happened so I don't think thats the prob. Looks like all I have left is to reinstall it... meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom