Quick memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonKerz

In Runtime
Even if a motherboard says it is a 1066/1333 (oc) ram standard, can you still run ddr2 800 on it? Or will you have to overclock or something?

And is there a big difference in performance at all between 800 and 1066?

It'll still work... I think I've told you this before..

and the difference isn't noticable.. just a few FPS, but if you overclock your CPU, you're probably going to overclock your RAM anyways so it doesn't matter

Okay, yeah I think you might have told me before, but I was just wondering again because it'll save me $120 :)

I'm planning on getting a Q6700 to over clock to about 3.6 or so. Since it has an unlocked multiplier I will probably invest into liquid cooling later on and try to hit 4Ghz. Plus I get Unreal Tournament 3 :)

I can never find where to overclock memory in my BIOS, or at least I don't know how. Right now my memory is running at 667Mhz which i think is like pc5800 or something. I want it at 800Mhz :(

Whoa Whoa.... q6700 does NOT have a unlocked Multiplier..

Usually the Memory overclocks by itself if you have an option called Link CPU and RAM enabled, if you don't want it enabled then disable it and it'll stay at default speeds

whatt?? I read somewhere it has an unlocked multiplier... well F that. Oh okay cool, I'll have to look for that setting somewhere. Should I stick with the Q6600 then? Q6600 can make it to about 3.6Ghz right? Could either the Q6700, or Q6600 reach 4.0?

whatt?? I read somewhere it has an unlocked multiplier... well F that. Oh okay cool, I'll have to look for that setting somewhere. Should I stick with the Q6600 then? Q6600 can make it to about 3.6Ghz right? Could either the Q6700, or Q6600 reach 4.0?

You're thinking of a QX6700 not Q6700

ah okay. Screw it. I'll stay with the Q6600. I just read into ram timings and all that. Some of the most confusing stuff I've read in a while. Will I be able to clock the Q6600 pretty high with ddr2 800 ram? I guess I'd have to tweak it a little until it is stable.. I think I'll have to make a post in the overclocking forums to figure out what settings I'll need to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom