Upgrading question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowcage

Beta member
Okay im upgrading my comp and this is what im getting, i just basically need to know with windows xp and this motherboard will the ram im purchasing work, i remember something vaguely about it didnt support but up to a certain amount. It will be 4 gb, the following are the links to each product for your perusal and information. Thank you ahead of time. Also im wondering how i find out if this motherboard supports 2gb sticks on one ram slot or if i have to get them in 1 gb increments. Any advice is most appreciated.

(I already have a 550 watt power supply im going to try to reuse so i can save money without having to buy another one unless absolutely nescesary for the moment, i can always get another one later just trying to save cash for now)

MOTHERBOARD
NFORCE6M-A V.2.0 | Ecs Nforce6m-A S.Am2 Ddr2 Sata Pcie X16

CPU
eWiz.com AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6000+* (3GHz) AM2, OEM

MEMORY
1stChoiceMemory.com - ECS NForce6M-A Motherboard RAM Memory Upgrades

VIDEO CARD
Newegg.com - PALiT NE/960TSX0202 GeForce 9600GT SONIC 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

okay well thats the basic idea, just want to make sure i havent bought the wrong ram basically, im pretty sure everythings right but its been a couple years since i really looked at comp components but i definitely have to upgrade my comps still running AGP so i need this new board for the PCIe, anyways any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

yea I agree with Puddle Jumper, the E7200 will give you better performance and it consume much less power. And that E7200 is not OEM like the 6000+ you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom