Building new computer for 1600$

Status
Not open for further replies.

denman1992

Baseband Member
Well I have 1600$ and i want to build a new pc. I am not looking for anything specific, just a solid build that will last a year or two. I don't need a keyboard, monitor, or sound card. Just the computer itself. So i was wondering if anyone can show me some decent builds. Thank you.

Your ocing right?

q6600 (or q6700 if you want to spend a bit more but it doesn't provide much more of a performance boost while ocing)
4gb of crucial ballistix tracers
evga 750i
2x8800gts 512mb
Corsair 620hx
Xigmatech rifle
Case is personal preferance
WD 640gb hdd (Page Ranking seagate 7200.11 500gb)

ya im going to be overclocking. So going sli is better then gettign one card. Im going to be using a 19in monitor. SO i was wondering if its better just to get a good single card.

Also by the crucial ballistix
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory u mean that right?
or that
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

they both look the same so im confused lol.

he would probably be better not using SLI right off so he would have the option of SLI later down the road...

One's 2gb, one's 4gb, Luke recommended the 4gb, so the second one....

Luke's build looks good, or you could go Asus P5E or a Maximus Formula, flash it to Rampage Formula (or don't flash it, its just for OC'ing features) and throw in dual HD 4850's when they come out next week

ok scrub what i said about sli, go with one card (like vern said wait a week or so to see the new cards) and if you are not going sli then there is no point to get the 750i either, so the mobo's that vern recomended would also be a good choice.

at a 19 inch monitor just grab a single 8800GTS G92 or so and you should be handling games great. With that large of a budget though you could even go for a better card such as a 9800GTX if you can find a good deal on it.

Do you want the most powerful system for $1600 or do you just want a system within that that games very good? What your parts will be depends on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom