Final decision on gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
they both hit about the very same point... save some dough and go for the q6600.. don't get me wrong, i love my q6700... but that multi won't come in handy until your doing REALLY high fsb's where the q6600 would crap out...

i need me some watercooling before i can do any serious oc'ing on this 6700

Buy the parts individually of Petra's let Aspire or Apokalipse or Gurusan take it from there, nobody on T.F. knows as much as they do on Water Cooling, but Aspire.Comptech is the main guru on water cooling

ah okay, i'm considering this.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GH-WIU02 3D Galaxy II Liquid Cooling - Water Cooling

does it look legit? Would I really need it? I want to push the Q6600 pretty hard, without burning it out.

also check this out.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

under the memory standard for the DS3R it says 1333, which is a DDR3 speed. Does that mean I can get DDR3 1333 ram?

"Memory Standard DDR2 1200 (O.C.)/1066"
There are DDR2 that go up to 1066 speeds, and the 1200 is if you overclock the ram further its saying the mobo should be able to handle it.
Unless it specifically says it supports DDR3, it doesnt.

no.. don't go with zalman.. they used to be great for cpu's... but quad cores they've been a flop

look at the Tuniq tower 120, or the xigmatec rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom