Windows restarts with 2x2gb sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostileCitizen

Solid State Member
Hello All;

You helped me once with this build and I am hoping you can help me again.
MoBo: P5B
Vid Card: EN8800GT 512 MB
Proc: Q6700
Ram: THE ISSUE!!!

When I only have 1 2gb stick everything loads up correctly. When I put the second stick in (making it a total of 4gb). Windows starts to boot and gets to the logging screen then restarts. I have completed all the updates (SP3, etc) and cannot figure out how to make it run. I also tried downgraded the voltage to the RAM in the BIOS (i.e. changing it from Auto to DDR2-533, 667, 800, etc.) I must be missing something. Please help!

Thanks again!

Find out the timings and voltage for them and try setting them manually with only 1 stick in,Shut it down then add the other stick and see if it works.

Had to do that on a Asus p5n-e sli and it worked no problem after that,If not some one else will have other options for you to try.

I am having an issue finding the voltages on the P5B Bios. The only options it gives me in the menu is the voltage option (say under 12 volts it says 11.53) or the "ignore" option.

I'm only reading from the manual so I might be off.
Go into the advance>Jumperfree Configuration>AI Tuning: Set to MANUAL. Than the option for you to change stuff should appear.

K I have upped my voltage from 1.8 to 2.45 (i can't seem to go higher) and yet it is still restarting on every pass.

Any other suggestions? I really appreaciate the help

Try setting the voltage to 2.1 and lower it to DDR2-677.
Plus what ram slots are you putting the rams into?

All Right.

I looked on the sticks that they say 1.90v and 5-5-5-18 (I assume this is the timing). I am able to change the voltage, but there is no idication on how to change the timing (I am looking for the DDR TIming setting) it is not present in my bios. I change the setting to 1.90v restart with one stick. Shut down, add the next stick, power up and.... same thing. gets to the login page and restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom