Gtx280?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well compared to a 9800gx2, its either a bit worse depending the benchmark, or a bit better depending the benchmark, but I'm guessing that with more mature drivers it'll get better than a 9800gx2

oh wow....i leave for a week and a new card comes out? I WANNA LEAVE FOR A MONTH!!! 9GHZ CPU'S, 10TB HDD'S, 128GB STICKS OF RAM, **** YEAH!!!!

just saying tho that technology has really progressed and i did some reading and it is really impressive that a single card matches the highest performance card from the perivous series...oh and did i mention that the previous card is in fact two ? (GX2). so one card with twice the power of one of the GX2's cores is really impressive for me.

oh wow....i leave for a week and a new card comes out? I WANNA LEAVE FOR A MONTH!!! 9GHZ CPU'S, 10TB HDD'S, 128GB STICKS OF RAM, **** YEAH!!!!

just saying tho that technology has really progressed and i did some reading and it is really impressive that a single card matches the highest performance card from the perivous series...oh and did i mention that the previous card is in fact two ? (GX2). so one card with twice the power of one of the GX2's cores is really impressive for me.

I'm pretty disappointed with it so far. I'm hoping new drivers will show some good improvement.

I did see some benchmarks showing that it seems to scale pretty well in SLI atleast. I was expecting a much bigger improvement because of the brand new architecture and all. Guess that's why hype is all just a bunch of bull****.

Maybe ATI can pull through with a great card. I'm looking to replace my 8800GTX so I'm just waiting to see who wins this competition and pick the best one.

As far as I recall you can run dual monitors on a single gx2 9800gx2.

Newegg now has the 280GTX in stock, however at 650 it's a pretty high price point and not worth it atm...

something ive wonderd can you run duel monitors on one gx2? im wondering this due to the fact that it is integrated sli. im guessing you cant.

Like aspire said, you can run two monitors off of one 9800GX2. The Nvidia control panel allows for either "Multi-GPU - One monitor" or "Single GPU - Dual monitors." At least that is what my Vista Nvidia control panel said. Others may just have "SLI Enable/Disable"

At the moment, GX2's are better for the price you pay over GTX280's

Only if you use ZERO AA and love microstuttering that comes with bad SLI drivers. The gtx280 is better than the gx2 for the sole reason that it has 1gb of dedicated memory, not shared between 2 cards, and doesnt have SLI hiccups. But unless you run a 24" monitor or larger, the gtx260 that releases next week is going to be the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom