How do you monitor computer temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
Everyone on here always lists their load and idle temperatures. How do you check all that? I went in my bios and it said my temperature was 27C but I'm not sure if that was load or idle. How do you guys do it?

core temp as eric said is good, also if you think you are gettin bad reading from that everest and speedfan are some others.

like you said you can check your temp in bios, this is always the correct temp so if you think yours is wrong compare it to that.

and bios will always be idle temp... seeing as bios is 8-bit and an incredibly low res like 640x400 or something like that... meaning, there is no cpu work going on here

So what is a safe temperature at idle and load? Core Temp says this:

Tj. Max: 85C
Core #0: 29C 25% load
Core #1: 28C 0% load

What does all this mean?

That means the max temp your CPU will operate without overloading or risk of damage is 85C. It also says that your Core #0 is being used at 25% load and is at 29C, your core #1 is idle at 28C. That means of your dual core CPU, only one core is being used at that time and it then gives the temps of each.

Those are very safe temps.

That means the max temp your CPU will operate without overloading or risk of damage is 85C. It also says that your Core #0 is being used at 25% load and is at 29C, your core #1 is idle at 28C. That means of your dual core CPU, only one core is being used at that time and it then gives the temps of each.

Those are very safe temps.

The reason why I ask is because my motherboard is a remote that can bring down noise levels and when I press that button the fans spin slower. I was worried that I would be over heating my computer. When the fans spin faster and when I press the button to make it spin slower the temps are only off by 1C. When should I make the fans spin faster?

By the way, the fan on my CPU heatsink is not PWM so if it heats up, it will not spin faster.

Real Temp, is annother good one.
I, myself use both, (real temp and core temp) the temps differ by 3 degrees, so i guess that they are not perfect, but at least i have an idea of what is going on in there, if i could only control the speed of my fans hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom