My 2nd build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any1 know anything about the dual-slot cooler in the evga 8800gt card? One newegg reviewer said the base is aluminum where the single slot card base is copper.

It runs cooler and it needs it because the 8800gt's run warm..

Yea im leaning towards the dual-slot cooler, despite the lack of reviews on newegg.

For the ram
g.skill Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
and
corsair Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Any1 have input on these two sets of memory? G.skill has more ratings, but i havnt used their memory before. Corsair is a name i trust but with less reviews.

Get an xigmatek rifle instead of that rosewill cooler, although I do have a rosewill cooler of my own on my opty 180 rig and it cools great. It's just worth the extra $20 to get the xigmatek imo.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

OC like a beast for me babe <3

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

get these instead, because both you listed are badly spec'ed 5 Cas Latency, 5-5-5-15 or 5-5-5-18 timed (lower is better on both)

Funny choice of color on that ram ;)

Get an xigmatek rifle instead of that rosewill cooler, although I do have a rosewill cooler of my own on my opty 180 rig and it cools great. It's just worth the extra $20 to get the xigmatek imo.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

OC like a beast for me babe <3

Funny choice of color on that ram ;)

What about the zalman 9700 Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

I know those are used in tomshardware reference test setup.

actually looking at the dimensions, i dont think the 9700 would even fit in my antec sonata II case. I think its too tall off the mobo, nearly 6 inches.

How much can these mobo's handle for weight of a heatsink? Many of them i see going upwards of 800g, seems like a lot. They also stick out quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom