Surround sound system

Status
Not open for further replies.
ekÆsine said:
As for recommendations I think you should not get too excited about surround sound. Just 2 main front speakers are just as good. I think the reason why you hear so much about dolby digital, DTS, THX, 5.1, 6.1, and now 7.1 surround sound is because it's a way for them to sell you more speakers. Do you know why you need "surround sound"? because I don't. . .

The only recomendation I can give is don't buy blows (BOSE).

hmm, i'm gonna have to say that i disagree with both of those things . . .

1 : i have actually played games such as halo for pc and farcry in 2.1 surround sound, and then the next day, played them on 5.1 . . . they really make a difference . . .

second, i have a bose system that ROCKS! i dunno know if you just heard the speakers, or actually set them up in your house and tested them, cause even in my oddly shaped room, bose really gives GREAT SOUND

and because they dont believe in huge speakers, it saves floor space because i can put them on the wall

in fact, i would say that i have better sound than i do have video! and i have a 50" big screen!

well bose has made some pretty shonky speakers in the past, i cant say im that excited about 5.1ch etc. sound for my computer, for movies, fair enough, but not for games. Bowers and Wilkins speakers are considered to be very close to the top of the "quality Audio" spectrum, and the accusound speakers, by the way, are kits, they dont come with boxes, which is why they are selling so cheap, they are VERY high quality, ill try to get a picture of them tomorow to show you the boxes my brother made...

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.models/label/Model Nautilus 800

they are not cheap, but they would sound unbelievable...

the jbls, im not shur what model, they were at BB, about 350 or 400 the pair i think, maybe per single, not shur, but i just turned them on and off, i had to go. As for the B&W is there a medol you could recommend in my price range?

i cant say i know much about B&W's prices. look for a review or something for some small ones, because they are very expensive. also, what brand of amp/receiver are you going to use, if its not quality, there is no point in getting B&W speakers, unless you would upgrade the amp later on.

here is a picture of my brother's Accusound speakers

Attachments

• dscf0854.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4
still on the topic of the boxes, they are made from: Tasmanian Oak, and inlaid with Jarrah, and an inside layer of Medium Density Fibreboard, with an all together thickness of 1"

Thank for the pics man, so its a kit u build? That sounds pretty cool. As of the receiver, im thinking of an onkyo, Iv heard good things bout them, one in the price range of 200-300$. On ebay there are some good pairs of B&W for round 250. Il see, i have plenty of time before i buy anything, because il probably upgrade my pc first, my panasonic hometheater system isnt that bad.. hehe

But if you do have some recomendations, il be happy to hear them.

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom