Idoit noob mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcream

Baseband Member
So I made a very beginner mistake today I plugged in a power cord for a CD drive wall the computer was still on and when i did that the computer crashed and now it wont turn on. I've tried unplugging all my cd drives and still nothing.

i thought that about the Mobo and PS but there is still the blinking orange light on the power button and the light on the mobo is still on as well

some more info is needed.

1. system specs
2.what do you mean doesn't turn on.. but you have lights on.
Does the pc post? Are the fans spinning? Does anything flash on the screen? Any audible sounds? ie. beeping, HDD spin etc...

3.What have you done to troubleshoot it yourself.
Have you tried different power supply? Tested the one you have?

Blinking amber power light is usually bad. It usually indicated a dead psu or mobo when i was dealing with dells.

some more info is needed.

1. system specs
2.what do you mean doesn't turn on.. but you have lights on.
Does the pc post? Are the fans spinning? Does anything flash on the screen? Any audible sounds? ie. beeping, HDD spin etc...

3.What have you done to troubleshoot it yourself.
Have you tried different power supply? Tested the one you have?

NOTHING happens when i hit the power button but there is a flashing orange light on the power button and the light on the mother board is on

You have not answered any of the other questions. Did you try a different PSU? Did you try this PSU on a different board? What have you tried?

Just saying it does nothing does not help anyone.

plugging the molex cable in the cd drive while the puter is running shouldn't do anything bad. I've done it a gazillion times.

lol i've plugged in tons of things while my computer was running... my card readers.. cd drive.. fans... lol not once have i had a problem

not that i am recommending to that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom