Two INDEPENDANT Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Borg

Baseband Member
Greetings.

I have 2 keyboards - USB an PS/2.

I want to customize keys on PS/2 Keyboard to perform certain actions, functions, etc. For example, when I press "X" key on USB Keyboard while running let's say Notepad it does exactly what it's supposed to BUT if I press "X" key on PS/2 Keyboard it Closes Window or runs previously specified application.

In simpler terms, I want Keyboard to function independantly.

How can this be achieved?

USB Keyboard is Microsoft's Office Keyboard.
PS/2 is a simple, Generic Keyboard.

Thank You for your Assistance.

If I have complicated things in the previous post, I've found a similar thread on some other forums (which requires a payment prior to granting access and is something I cannot afford).

"Hi Guys,

I would like to make a keyboard up for gaming. Ie. Relabel an old keyboard with various commands. I would like to have a normal keyboard plugged in at the same time.

I therefore would like to have both keyboards installed and re-map the keys on the second keyboard to function seperatly from the main keyboard.

Is this possible?

What I was thinking was to have one PS/2 keyboard and one USB << if possible.
Is there USB keyboards?

Any Ideas. Or links to someone that has done this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Wyzzz."

why not just use the game software to do this for you. There is no need to have 2 keyboards simply for remapping keys in a game. All game engines have a keyboard layout change option, so you can assign different keys to different things...
might look into that...

That is not what I want to accomplish. Sure, that's an easy thing for games but the thing I want is to keep one Keyboard (USB) to function "normally" while I would use the other one (PS/2) as a "Special Keys" Keyboard customized totally (in Software and Hardware means) to one application. In this application I would create a "complex" keyboard shortcuts (for example CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+M to activate something). Now, on first keyboard I would have to press 4 keys BUT if I could modify the second one so that single key does the function of those 4 keys on first one.
Or at least this: a key pressed on second keyboard (let's say Y) runs application but if press that same key on first Keyboard application is not executed but the key produces just a plain Y letter.

I am trying to do this for a Local Star Trek Fan Club. PS/2 keyboard would actually be stripped apart and modified to act as a LCARS interface console. We wanted to try this with one keyboard but we ended up with a lack of keys. That is, if you maybe don't know the place where I could buy a 300-key keyboard ;-). I might use one of already present special keys on keyboard to run a program which will disable special functions attached to the keys and revert it to normal keyboard but you try to type in something when every key is 3 or 5 centimeters apart and not arranged in QWERTY layout!

Understand now? If you don't I'll probably draw a representation since it seems that not many people actually understand what I'm talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom