Inspiron 9400 overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 that has a c2d at 2ghz 1gb of ddr2 667 (soon to be 2gb) and a x1400 mobility 128mb gpu. I want to overclock the cpu but nobody from what ive searched on google has done it and its apparently physically impossible. The video card on the other hand, what do I have to do to overclock it exactly? Dont worry about temperatures or battery life; it doesnt have a battery and the temps are under 30 degrees celcius.

Is it a laptop? If so, laptops run hot as it is, overclocking would cause major heat issues. Also, you cannot overclock dells, the motherboards dont support it. If you want to try overclocking the video card, look for a program called ATItool.

How do you know it doesnt run hot? Have you ran temperature monitoring software?

All laptops run hotter then a desktop, due to the fact of there small design, they dont get near as good airflow, also, theres not room for big fans in the small case.

All laptops run hotter then a desktop, due to the fact of there small design, they dont get near as good airflow, also, theres not room for big fans in the small case.

No. My old Dell laptop used to run really cool. Low to mid 30's most of the time, unless it was something really CPU intensive, or if I hadn't cleaned it out in a while.

The laptop has no case. It sits on my desk and ive felt my share of heatsinks in my day and the vga on full load is a little warm, not burning hot like my desktop video cards. The cpu doesnt pass 33c on load it idles at 27c.

one thing to live life by:

DUDE! YOU GOT A DELL!!!! say goodbye to overclocking for the mainstream computers. their xps line does overclock, but nothing else from them (as of yet) have i found to be overclockable, hardware, software, or even in the old days by means of jumpers and dip switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom