fsb OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

qk232

Baseband Member
Say I wanted to OC my machine with a 1066fsb processor, but the MB's fsb speed was 1066mhz supported also. Do I have to have a board that supports 1333mhz before I can OC my cpu above 1066?

Also, can't you lightly OC your CPU if you have non-gaming RAM as long as you underclock your RAM?

Thanks

You don't need your motherboard to officially support any Front side bus, when you change the speed of your processor the Front side bus will be adjusted as well.

HOWEVER, that does not mean it will be stable, it just means the Mobo will Attempt to run that front side bus, most good motherboards will have no problem pulling 1.6 Ghz front side bus now.. But not all can do it for extended periods before dieing or becoming unstable.

no and yes

You don't need your motherboard to officially support any Front side bus, when you change the speed of your processor the Front side bus will be adjusted as well.

HOWEVER, that does not mean it will be stable, it just means the Mobo will Attempt to run that front side bus, most good motherboards will have no problem pulling 1.6 Ghz front side bus now.. But not all can do it for extended periods before dieing or becoming unstable.

Ok. That helps a lot. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom