Acer vs samsung 22'' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I need to pick up a new monitor for my Rig...

I wanted to see if I could swing a 24'' ...but they are just too much money.

I can get the acer 22'' for $229 w/ free shipping...
Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - LCD Monitors
or the Samsung for $259 w(after MIR) with free shipping...
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1 - LCD Monitors

Whata u guys think ? is the samsung worth the extra cash ?

are there any others I should check out ??

I'm using that exact Acer monitor and my buddy has two of the Samsungs and I honestly see no difference between the two. I play my 360 on it and its smooth as can be. Only nice thing about the Samsung over the Acer is that you can switch between DVI and VGA with one button on the front where as the Acer you have to go through the menu. Not a big deal, but I thought I might mention it.

so.. wait.. you want to play Age of Conan at 1920x1200 with a GTS G92 at Max Settings?

Thats crazy talk..... ... you're going to need SLI GTS G92 if you want any chance of doing that...

yeah i'm goin sli :)....

I'm starting off with the single 8800GTS on my 19'' CRT monitor...

then upgrading to the 24'' and another 8800GTS :cool:

whata u think about the deal on that one ?

and what if I DIDN'T go sli right away... how would it do on a 22'' instead ??

um.. 1680x1050, Medium on a few of the settings, high on a lot of them....

but wait this 19'' CRT Monitor, is it Widescreen or FullScreen, because if its Full, its resolution will be pretty high

yeah its a 20'' fullscreen. its a BIG freakin monitor...and by big I mean LONG and heavy :laughing:
its got 1280 x 1024 native
Edit: on second though, its actually a 20'' :) ........HP A4033A

yeah I guess I might wait off on the 24'' till I can afford the 2nd 8800GTS as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom