problem with ram in new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevei48

Baseband Member
i put together a budget computer for my dad motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
cpu
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640 Orleans 2.6GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
ram
Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

if you guys need the rest of the build i will list it later. here is what i ran into, first i got a bad stick of ram and rma back to newegg. i just got the replacement and it will only boot with with 1gb installed this time both sticks are good after i removed one stick it boots to the system imformation screen and at the bottom it says

dqs training failed on previous boot, reverted to slower dram speed
do i need to change a setting in bios? possibly different memory voltage

what memory slots are you putting them in like

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slot with ram

############################# No ram

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slot with ram

############################# No ram

you should have the ram in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 if you look closely on your board. usually its like the way i showed you but look on your board to see. i had an issue with this.

BTW dont mess with ram voltages unless OCing the ram which you shouldnt be doing.

that was the problem there are 2 yellow slots marked a1 and b1 and 2 black slots marked a2 and b2 i put them in slot a1 and a2 and it reconised 2gb memory if i put it in like the manual says it don't work thanks alot dawnofdoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom