The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Is SPARTA!
Man I lol'd at guru3d <3

I dunno, its not quite where I was hoping it would be. But i'm still going to trade in my gx2. Even if just mainly for heat. This gx2's usage life is goign to be very short at the temps i'm running.

Ah well. It's an impressive card even just keeping up with the gx2, but not quite as impressive as I was hoping. I wanted a good 10-15% above across the board ;p.

SLI'ing watercooled 280's will be better than SLI gx2 as well since quad-sli is trash and noone could deal with that kinda heat XD.

meh, on that note i wonder when evga is going to make the card available to start the step-up program.

Now comes the Challange of reading every review. Fun times..

Now I know this was only one game and one review, but it seems that for the OCC review, that the GX2 is the better buy, it meets or exceeds the performence of the GTX280 in crysis in all resolution tests. Interesting, must keep reading.

I have to get around install MS Excell to begin making a Large chart with all the reviews and scores so that all the information is in one place. FUN TIMES INDEED.

First impressions: Quick reads
Crysis: GX2 > GTX280
Knights of the Sea: GTX280 > GX2 (GTX280 Only slightly better)
Bioshock: GTX280 > GX2
Call of Duty Four : GX2 > GTX280
World in Conflict: GTX280 > GX2 (GTX280 Only slightly better)
Call of Juarez: GX2 > GTX 280

Well my first impression is that a GX2, for the highest price I could find on newegg of only 550 USD is a much better buy over a GTX 280.. Course thats only on review, Ill read others.

Note: The conclusion in the Anandtech Review agrees with me that the GX2 is at the moment a better buy.

Bioshock is the only game I saw, so far, where the a Single GTX280 beats the crap out of a single GX2. So if bioshock is your fetish, go for a GTX280.

eh, not what I was expecting...

but ATi should own this.. because their performance is probably going to be around the same and a **** lot cheaper

what does any one else recomend? im guessing its sli 8800gts 512mb? or one gtx280? im not much of a 3d mark junkie morel ike a crysis junkie and i wana play multiplayer maxed out at 1280x1024, with 2x aa at around 50 fps.

Well, we cannot really reccomend any setup until ATI releases their cards, and I would never suggest a multi card setup..

But if you were only going Nvidia at the moment, and Bioshock wasn't the only game you played, then a GX2.. If bioshock is your fetish, a GTX280.

but if im gonna get a gx2 i might aswell sli my 8800gts for less it allready performs better right? other wise i should get a gtx280, also bioshock is one of my favorite games lol, i have the limited edition, anyway, theyl improve a lot with new drivers right?, and i want to stick nvidia here, as i just bougt a new mobo, im mainly looking for crysis performence, at max settings with 1280x1024 wit h2x aa what would be better sli 8800gts or a gxt280?

I don't know, I have not seen much info on slied gts vs a GX2. The GTX 280 performs much better than a GX2 in bioshock..

So you would have to find a specific review comparing the GTX280 to slied GTS using Bioshock...

well bioshock isnt my main factor, i need to find an 8800gts sli crysis reveiw then compare it to the gtx280 reveiw, als ste dotn think of it as recomending sli think of it as recomending bang for your buck, and where i would get more ;P

hmm i cant seem to find any legit 8800gts sli reveiws... :( i need veed in here!

the anandtech review has made my mind, it has sli 8800gt, and it outperforms the gtx280 in preaty much everything at 1280x1024, so 8800gts sli here i come!

just look at 9800GX2 reviews and gauge performance from there. 8800GTS SLI performs slightly better than a 9800GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom