Help GFX cards!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerWill

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I have been using a 8600gt running world of warcraft for the past 2-3 months now and i am not happy with the performance, after 3-4 hours of game play i get screen tearing and game locks etc. I know its not a brilliant card but im getting low fps too which is kinda sucky.

Have been monitoring the temperature using nvidia control panel and it seems to vary from 70c to 90c which i think is quite hot? Now is my card faulty or overheating it self or is it my machine overheating it??? I am prepared to spend 100-200 pounds on a new gfx card if its going to stop my overheating and give me decent fps, i am currently using a win power 750w power supply, 2gb Ram and a AMD x2 4800+.

Very rarely i get blue screens regarding the gfx drivers, this is usually after long gaming time.

Anyone got any solutions? or recommend me what to do/what card to buy?

Thanks!

Asus 9600GT @ Scan Computers UK

Looks like a winner to me. All the 9600GT I saw were under £200, so no problem there. I would normally recommend getting a third-party cooler, but there doesn't really seem to be any out there yet. This card has a non-standard cooler, so it should cool better than the stock coolers. You may want to toss in an extra case fan or two to keep the air flowing through the case, but you should be good to go.

Hello all,

I have been using a 8600gt running world of warcraft for the past 2-3 months now and i am not happy with the performance, after 3-4 hours of game play i get screen tearing and game locks etc. I know its not a brilliant card but im getting low fps too which is kinda sucky.

Have been monitoring the temperature using nvidia control panel and it seems to vary from 70c to 90c which i think is quite hot? Now is my card faulty or overheating it self or is it my machine overheating it??? I am prepared to spend 100-200 pounds on a new gfx card if its going to stop my overheating and give me decent fps, i am currently using a win power 750w power supply, 2gb Ram and a AMD x2 4800+.

Very rarely i get blue screens regarding the gfx drivers, this is usually after long gaming time.

Anyone got any solutions? or recommend me what to do/what card to buy?

Thanks!

it might be worth it to examine the airflow in the case, do some wire management, and buy a good 120mm fan for $15. that will save a lot of money instead of just buying another card which would experience the same problems if all you need is just more ventilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom