Not open for further replies.

markflame

Solid State Member
the guy who made my computer separated my hard disk into 4 partions
C:/ 10gb fat32
D:/ 4gb ghost image(i dont know what he meant by calling it that) fat32
e:/ 80gb ntfs
f:/ 60gb ntfs

lately my c:/ drive is getting very close to too full(like 50mb left of space) and i have to delete a lot of stuff to make it work properly.
i was wondering if it was possible to put more space on the C:/ drive and take it away from another drive somehow and i want to know if i reinstall windows, will it delete all on c drive or all the drives.

Thanks for the help.

the guy who made my computer separated my hard disk into 4 partions
C:/ 10gb fat32
D:/ 4gb ghost image(i dont know what he meant by calling it that) fat32
e:/ 80gb ntfs
f:/ 60gb ntfs

lately my c:/ drive is getting very close to too full(like 50mb left of space) and i have to delete a lot of stuff to make it work properly.
i was wondering if it was possible to put more space on the C:/ drive and take it away from another drive somehow and i want to know if i reinstall windows, will it delete all on c drive or all the drives.

Thanks for the help.

what os are you on? vista? xp?

is it possible to just reinstall all of the programs from the c drive to the e and f? i have my drive set up vaguely similar, where i have a partition for the operating sytem, a partition for programs and games, and a partition for movies and music. i have an external drive for making backups.

i have xp, and i read that if i try to combine a fat32 and a ntfs partion, it deletes data

That is true because they are two different formats. You could take the empty space of an ntfs partition and add it to your fat32 partition, which reformats the space your moving, if I recall correctly. To tell you the truth, I've never had to deal with multiple formats on one computer, so I don't know how it will all work, but I believe PartitionMagic can take empty parts, reformat it, and combine that with other partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom