Problem with display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
right see my other thread "Installing graphics card problem".

I got the pc going and it works perfectly, and ive been playing battlefield 2142 alot, anyway sometimes when i boot up ill get lines going vertically up and down the screen(as mentioned in the other posts) when i see the windows screen with the bar going across, and then after this screen dissapears the pc will restart, it just keeps going in that loop.
This morning for example it did this twice and then the third time the display was fine when the windows loading screen come on, then the pc booted into windows no problem, and ive just been playing 2142 online for 2 hours with absolutely no display problems.

What we thinking?

overheating? dont forget this is a cold boot, like its off all night, turn on in the morning and its like that? so its cold.

As for it not being seated properly, i heard it click into place when i installed it.

Obviously card its self is not faulty otherwise i wouldnt be on windows now and i certainly wouldnt be able to play Battlefield either.

hmmmm, not really much it can be apart from what you said? maybe ill try taking it out and reseating it tomorrow

Still sounds sorta like overheating. have you checked the temps on the card while you're running games? It wouldn't overheat on desktop but 3d apps can definitely push it over the limit.Post temps!

about 55c- 60c idle and around 73c gaming.

I know thats hot 73 but the idle is ok according to google? (7950GT 512MB)

But like i said its from a cold boot this happens so how can it be down to temps? once im in windows im IN, its fine, its just when i turn it off and back on that its hit and miss as to whether ill get the lines on the screen and the reboots.

Proper head scratcher

Plase do not bump your own topics within 24 hours. Thank you.

If you can "click" the card into place, why would HP tell you that you have to replace the entire motherboard as well? Have them send you just the graphics adapter.

If you can "click" the card into place, why would HP tell you that you have to replace the entire motherboard as well? Have them send you just the graphics adapter.

something i perhaps should have mentioned earlier, it was working fine before i swapped the pre-installed 8600GS for my old card in my old pc...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom