athlon 64 3500 a bottleneck for 8800gts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
done deal.. hope you enjoy as much as i did.. i know you will :)

btw, there are on and off buttons located on the mobo itself... which means you can use it caseless!!!

good stuff, thanks Nos.

BTW, vernong you said something about non wolfdale processors ? what did you mean by that ?

doh double post delete...

Edit:

I'm gona see if I can go for something a little better than 2180...

but newegg doesn't seem to have the e6300 e6400 or e6600

what do you guys recomend ?

or would my processor really not be much of an issue at this point?

what is the main difference that sets the processors apart besides speed? ( since I can overclock it anyway) .... Cache size ?? how does that effect performance and such ?

that because the 680i was made to support the upcoming 45nm cpu's before they were finished being made.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2 GHz
Hyperthread (Duel Core)

QUOTE]

hyper threading is an intel benefit only, amd has something called hyper transport which is probably what you mean, and that is just amd fsb frequencie or equivelant to fsb, there is no such thing as hyper threading on an amd cpu, and hyper threading is a useless software anyway. also yes no matter how far your over clocked that 3500+ it would bottle neck, my 4000+ botle necked my 7950gt 256mb, so there is no doubt about it that yoru cpu is the botle neck.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2 GHz
Hyperthread (Duel Core)

QUOTE]

hyper threading is an intel benefit only, amd has something called hyper transport which is probably what you mean, and that is just amd fsb frequencie or equivelant to fsb, there is no such thing as hyper threading on an amd cpu, and hyper threading is a useless software anyway. also yes no matter how far your over clocked that 3500+ it would bottle neck, my 4000+ botle necked my 7950gt 256mb, so there is no doubt about it that yoru cpu is the botle neck.

apperently hyper threading isnt useless if its being used in nahalem... and pretty much affectively making a quad core an octocore... doesnt sound useless to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom