watercooling loop... ordering soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. so screw my htpc idea... screw buying a gtx280 for now.. i'm going to buy some watercooling for my cpu!!!

sooo, aspire.. where are you when i need you.. build me a nice watercooling loop

i'm looking for just a dual fan rad because i want to fit it into the bottom part of my case.. i may try for a 3 fan rad though.. if it'll fit.. i'll have to check on xs with the lian li v2000 thread

Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power"
D-TEK FuZion v2 Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"

don't know which pump to get... all i can seem to find are 3/8 pumps

and i'm looking at petra's tech shop

and i may possibly want a chipset block as well.. seeing as 680i's run hot

Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet Power"
D-TEK FuZion v2 Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"

don't know which pump to get... all i can seem to find are 3/8 pumps

and i'm looking at petra's tech shop

and i may possibly want a chipset block as well.. seeing as 680i's run hot

I recommend the D5 Vario, it's a great pump and comes stock with 1/2" barbs.

Also the Laing DDC pumps come with 3/8" barbs, thats why you need to buy a top which allows you to use 1/2" barbs in addition to increasing the flow rate a bit with a small sacrifice in lifting height.

And if you want to WC your northbridge then just get any block that is as least restrictive as possible. Or you can just get a Thermalright HR-05 cooler with a 92mm fan. I had one of these on my P5K and it did an amazing job, and you don't have to add another restriction to your precious cpu loop.

i like ur thinking.. i totally forgot about aftermarket heatsinks for the chipset!!!!

and i'll look into that pump as well.. i'm gonna be ordering in the next few days

Hey sorry I'm late went home for this week and left my poor baby back down in San Luis Obispo...

If you want a good cheap chipset block look at the mcw-30. It's very low restriction and is more than adequate for a chipset. Plus it's cheap.

Pump wise, the D5 vario is an excellent pump. However it does have a couple flaws.

1. It's quite massive.
2. It can be loud at full speed.
3. Barbs are built into the housing.

In regards to the DDC with an aftermarket top. You can find ones that have a built in reservoir or offer different input/output configurations.

Take a look at the Kit at petras with the D-Tek Fuzion V2 and the DDC with the Petras top. It runs something like 260 bucks...

what i've ordered so far

1 D-TEK FuZion v2 Universal CPU Waterblock -1/2" $64.99

1 HW Labs BlackIce GT Stealth 240 Additional Barbs : None $48.95

7 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) TygonR-3603 Laboratory-Grade Tubing $22.75

6 Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamp $6.00

i was going to buy the DFI Lanparty DK x38...

buttttt, i'm going wait it out on that.. so i bought a Gigabyte DS3-L for now.. only 70 bucks.. couldnt say no

anywayyyy... i needs to know if i need any more worm clamps, or tubing.. please let me know!!!

and... do i need a reservoir????

and for the pump i'm waiting on until the 20th to buy.. i was looking at that d5 vario that already had 1/2 fittings on it

Bad call on the Black Ice radiator...

Compared to the swiftech rads their garbage...

Your going to need either a reservoir or a t-line. Google t-line for more infos.

Your also going to need at least another 2 more hose clamps or 3 for a t-line at a minimum.

If you decide to use a t-line you will also need a t-line plug or fill port to cap the end of it.

yeah the black ices are not the best choice, however this is watercooling and people get fussy about 1c differences. If your CPU is the only thing in the loop a 120.2 black ice will be hardly different than a PA120.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom