What main brands have bios locked ?? acer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I'm looking to stay away from any brand computers that have bios locked (not overclockable)

is there a list of computers that are not overclockable ??

how about acer ?

OEM brands like Dell, Acer, eMachines lock their BIOS

There are people who build PC's Customly with just normal parts with experts and then charge a good load of money to assemble it, without locking stuff: Cyberpower PC, iBuyPower do that

Learn to build though..

yeah I'm not scared... I've had some experience swapping parts in the past...just never built from the ground up.

it just seems I can get a better deal buying a 1 year old computer...then building brand new from scratch...

we'll see what happens :)

The one year old systems may be cheaper but they will most likely have lower quality components than the systems we recommend.

yeah I'm not scared... I've had some experience swapping parts in the past...just never built from the ground up.

it just seems I can get a better deal buying a 1 year old computer...then building brand new from scratch...

we'll see what happens :)

it's like buying a new car....sure it may be cheaper but they could have used and abused certain things and on top of that their parts are probably sub-par quality. With a new build you know what has been done to certain things and not only that you can make your system to your needs to where you can upgrade later if your out of money in one area.

Why don't you just choose the most you are willing or can spend on a computer and what you want it for and we will look for things the best we can to help you put together a good system

i think all brand computers are bios locked, well u can oc but everytime u reset the computer it goes back to standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom