Can't decide on a board

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, i'll be running my games at 1440x900, so i'll be good there.
Now in the future, if i were to upgrade and SLI my G92s, would my system set up be good for that?

i wouldn't get a 680i now, unless your going for one of the cheaper versions like a msi one which is only about 100 on newegg. but if you want sli your going to have stick which a 680i. and yes your computer will be fine to upgrade to sli with the exception of your psu which must have about 650w and a good 12v rail amperage.

what board would you suggest with what I'm planning to get?

I have everything figured out except for the board.
Q6600
8800GTS G92
2g ddr2 1066
320gb hdd
XP pro

I was looking at the 750i FTW, but I've heard some bad things about it

and want something that is stable, and has good performance for gaming

what board would you suggest with what I'm planning to get?

I have everything figured out except for the board.
Q6600
8800GTS G92
2g ddr2 1066
320gb hdd
XP pro

I was looking at the 750i FTW, but I've heard some bad things about it

and want something that is stable, and has good performance for gaming

i would go for a ds3r p35 motherboard by gigabyte, this is not sli but is a very good mobo for overcloking the q6600. if u need sli the 680i A1 is also good for overclocking if you can get a good deal or a 750i which is good too but overpriced imo. dw bout sli and get a ds3r

okay I think i'll go ahead and get the ds3r. I don't really care for SLI right now. It'll be a while before I SLI anyway, but the 680i and 750i are still in my price range. Which out of the 680i, 750i, and ds3r do you think would perform best with a Q6600?

What is the difference between the 750i FTW by evga and the ASUS and MSI versions of the board. All I can see is that the memory standard is 1066mhz and not 800 and that there aren't any SATA slots, and apparently it is designed for overclocking.

I've only heard good things about the 750i FTW. I would get that or the ds3r. I had alot of problems with my 680i. I didn't have the A1 revision but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom