Why is it so confusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavenly

Beta member
I never thought that it would be this difficult to upgrade your computer. Perhaps its because I dont have much knowledge about computers...Well anyways, I have around $400 to spend, nothing more. I wanted to get some parts for my pc so it can at least be able to play some sort of game!..Yeah it's truly that terrible, here let me show you which motherboard I have

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, 945GCT-HM (Livermore)

Yes it's crap, I know that much. But yeah, I plan on buying a BFG Geforce 8800 GT OC for $200 (not sure if thats a good deal or not...) ...and some RAM since im stuck with only 512mb right now. Would getting 2GB be sufficient for the video card? Also I plan on buying a new psu, are any recommended? Btw I cant use Newegg, unfortunately they dont ship to Canada..

And yeah...do I also have to buy a new motherboard and CPU? I really hope not. If its really required, which ones? Please, nothing too expensive though.
x_x

Any help is appreciated!

Oooh btw i plan on playing games like Aion...simcity societies...and some others similar to those. I dont intend on playing games such as Crysis and what not.

Oh I have an Intel Celeron D 360 with 3.45GHz and 512KB L2 cache, would it need to be changed? Thanks for replying =)

It wouldn't have to change, but a Core2Duo woold make a huge difference. Think bicycle to motorcycle.

Counting a CPU, you're looking at $400+. Toss in a little more and you could just build a whole new rig.

they make it confusing on purpose so we as consumers mess up a lot and sometimes end up having to buy the "correct" part...and often being stuck with something we don't want to return because of some restocking fee :p

It wouldn't have to change, but a Core2Duo woold make a huge difference. Think bicycle to motorcycle.

Counting a CPU, you're looking at $400+. Toss in a little more and you could just build a whole new rig.

Oh really, how much are we looking at to build a new rig? I thought that with all the other components, it'd be quite a bit. But if so, would it be more wise to build from scratch and waste some more money or just upgrade with those pieces?

I really don't want to waste 400+ for something mediocre. I've done this way too many times and don't really want to once again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom