athlon 64 3500 a bottleneck for 8800gts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, overclocking.. i don't think you'd be able to do

but lemme tell you a story about wattage.. its just as important as amps... well if you're building a high end computer at least

it dates back to a few months ago... when i had 8800gtx sli... an overclocked q6600.. and an asus 680i (p5n32e-sli).. and lets not forget the nice audigy 2zs platinum and 3 fans...

welp.. my faithful 650watt antec could handle the juice.. and turned off on my any time i played a game... sooo i underclocked everything and my restarts went away!!1

moral of the story.. high end gpu's... overclocking... and fans... your gonna need 750 watts to play it safe!!

I meant to say "its all that matters"

because there are some crappy 680w PSU's out there

ahh I remember that poor sound card, that was like 6 months ago right?

ya i think it was around the time of january... something like that... that asus mobo prevented me from doing anything great..... never buying asus stuff again

i don't think you need a psu that good for the rig your making...

you can pull off a 550 watt rosewill psu.. my friend has one and its chugging like a champ with a q6600 overclocked to 3.2 and a 8800gts 512mb, with that antec 900 and 5 fans

Don't double post..

Whats wrong with the Biostar 780g? save $10 and maybe buy something else with that $10??

Also the Rosewill RP550-2 is a good PSU for $70

agreed with vernong... those are great choices, and that psu will do good with even 2 8800gt's if need be.... i've built 2 rigs with those psu's and both are chugging along nicely!

just get a 9600gso/gt or 8800gs/gt...

and really, don't cut corners, get what you want.. my first build i comprimised and wasn't happy at all.. so really don't skimp around just so you can get a working rig....

If he gets the Biostar 780g, he could have enough money for a Corsair 550vx

EDIT: no he won't, the RP550-2 is like $50 now... lmao..

I also skimped in some areas, like the HD and Video Card, and its kind of behind compared to my other parts which are pretty up to date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom