Help me choose parts for new PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcchowder

Solid State Member
going to build from scratch. will run vista premium. I surf the web alot, use MS office, d/l music/videos, but never play any games. Want video card to be hdtv and blue-ray compatible, but i wont get blue-ray drive til it gets much cheaper.

Step 1: which case should I buy? I want to get a mini-atx tower, since i only need a dvd-writer, and possibly memory card reader. I was thinking about getting this one: LIAN LI PC-A06B Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Retail from newegg, but the fan is only 80mm.

Read all of the spec.'s and reviews and consider this Coolermaster. The metal mesh provides really good airflow and they also offer a similar mid-tower model. :)

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 541 RC-541-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel, SECC chassis MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Manufacturer's product page:

Cooler Master - Ultimate provider of Computer Chassis | Cooler | Power Supply

In-depth review & sample build with a lot of pictures:

Cooler Master Centurion Micro ATX 540/541 Casing :: Articles :: www.hardwarezone.com®

Thanks for the help, but that coolmaster case is for micro-atx motherboard. I want to use a regular ATX since it is more compatible and widely used.

Thx for the info. I actually was wanting a mini-tower ATX case. I know that the selection is very limited, but i want to keep it small since i will only use a dvd-writer, harddrive, memory card reader, and graphics card. i really don't need extra slots/drive ports.

Yeah, just make sure the case you pick has good airflow that and the selection is tough to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom