Are processors such as q6600 likely to drop in price within 2 months? maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I already got 200 for the next thing, I am sure that going for video card is a bad idea, since all the new ones are coming out and the other one will drop in price obviously.

Do you guys think the video cards will drop in price right after the new ones are released? or will it take some time?

and same thing for the processor, not sure if any new are coming out, but should I wait and see if they drop in price?

So in the meanwhile ill buy the hard drive, ram, optical....?

Processors normally drop around the start of a new quarter. video cards will most likely drop, but if you look at newegg-some are already dropping. The 9800 gtx went from $309 to $279

Well its supposed to drop to around $199 on July 22nd but since its already that price at most retailers just buy it before it gets outdated

well, if it gets outdated, dosent that mean that there will be better? at the same price?

and my price range for video is 150 and 210 for processor.

So please confirm this, Right now, q6600 is the best one I can get, and its at its cheapest right now?

In other words I can't go wrong with q6600 at 210? which is what I believe is right now.

Intel CPU are going to have a price drop in Q3 2008. They are going to discontinue some Quad and bringing new ones because the 45nm Quad arent selling because of the FSB hole and the low multiplier. After the price drop, the Q6600 will be the only 65nm Quad.

It will take some weeks for it to lower the price for the CPU and GPU.

Yeah so my question is, should I go q6600 right now? or expect it to get lower in price(if it ever does) or just wait for the new ones? (my budget is 210 firm.)

i highly doubt that they will....i haven't seen any planned drops by Intel which is usually the only time they drop and they tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom