Finishing Build, Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
Hello, im back again. With the new video cards coming out soon, im ready to finish my order. I already have some things and I have changed some other parts. Let me know what you think.

I know the evga 750i mb is highly recommended, but I WILL be sticking with the 790i with ddr3 ram. I also know the PSU is more than I need, but it is cheaper and it never hurts to have more. Also, I will be getting the q6700 over the q6600 since I will have it overclocked as high as possible everyday. I will also be using vista ultimate 64-bit. Here is the list...

Case: Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

MB: Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors

RAM (x2): Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

CD (x2): Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Fans (can't find a 200mm on newegg for case): Newegg.com - Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans

Paste: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

HS: Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Video: still waiting for release...

Sound: Already have X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional

HD (x2 in raid0, already have 1 for backup/important files): Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

I also already have a 22' monitor, g15 keyboard, g7 mouse and x-540 speakers.. Let me know what you think.

Change to TX-2 paste, maybe look at WD 640gb's

Why do you need two DVD-RW's? You can get one DVD-RW and one DVD-ROM

You do know the q6700 is pointless unless you go past 4.0ghz, since you don't have water cooling you can't get that far (yes I read what you said.. but... read my reason)

Are you planning to go SLI? Why the SLI mobo?

Reason being you can get a much better Intel chipset motherboard along with a single card....and a Q9450 for much less. The Q9450 will be easier to get a daily running superhigh clock than a Q6700 as long as you have the right board. Also the Q9450 is about 10% faster clock for clock than the Q6700.

Even if you only get 465fsb out of your Q9450, that's 3.72ghz which is comparable to a Q6700 @ around 4.1ghz

Ya he could get an X38 P5E or Maximus and flash it up! He'd then save some cash because he could use DDR2

Thanks. I will change the paste, looks like it is better.

I will keep the HD, the one I have, for awhile now, is everything I need with no problems.

I will change the CPU too. q6600 or Q9450?

I do plan to SLI, not at first, but eventually. I'm still staying with the 790i. I will be staying with ddr3 also.

Also, feedback on the case?

Q9450 would actually be good in this case, because the 790i Ultra can support quite high FSB's

Cases are based on personal taste, so if you like it use it, or you can buy the NZXT Tempest

Antec 900's are a bit of a dust magnet though

Is this samsung everyone is talking about, simply the best dvd burner and reader?

Dint mean to hijack your thread, but I just see that there are cheaper one avalible at around the same specs

Thats the cheapest SATA DVD-RW Drive I can find...

EDIT: nvm I found some cheaper ones.. but those are really loud, I would know I own that LG one right there

I like samsung products, plus it looks good, just my thoughts.

As for the antec collecting dust, I clean out my computers frequently, so I don't think it'll be a problem. As long as it gets good air flow and can fit the new video cards.

If you think the Q9450 is better with the 790i, then thats what it will be. Thanks.

Only other question is the RAM. Is it a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom