athlon 64 3500 a bottleneck for 8800gts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I didn't think that

e1200
Newegg.com - ECS G33T-M2 LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Cheap 2gb Kit
Xclio Goodpower 500
and reuse HD, Optical Drives from your old build..

not too shabby...

still need an operating system though... :)

also... even with that cheapo build you got there... how much would 4 GB of ram matter over 2 ??

doesn't look like the guys is getting back to me tonight though...

But if the mobo does support 939 or am2 , that means I can upgrade to a "more better" processor correct ?? maybee 6500 or whatnot?

I'll have to check and see if its worth it.........

I have never heard of a dual core 3400+. A you sure your specs are right? I had am Athlon 64 3400+ 2 machines ago and it was definitely not dual. Either way any old s939 chip is a bottleneck and you should be looking to a new cpu, mobo and ram.

3600x2 was the lowest dual core for amd

and i thought 6400 was amd's highest cpu..

and 5000+ black edition would be a better investment.. its cheaper.. and overclocks very nicely

if its socket 939 the best cpu you can get would be the 4400x2 or the 4800x2.. seeing as those are the only cpu's w/ the 1mb x 2 cache's.. all the rest were 512mb x 2 cache

What about the Opteron 16x -18x series ^^ gotta love those opty's

and HTT was only on Intel P4's so he's lying, but technically immy it does act virtually like a dual-core because if you check out like Task Manager it shows as dual-core

ok its got a asus A8N-E MOBO ... so its 939 socket type.
I can throw a Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz on there, and the 8800gts and have a pretty good computer for less than 400 bucks... right ???

or would it even be worth it...........

nope... thats hardly an upgrade from an A64 3500+

look for an Opteron 165 or Opteron 180's on eBay

i guess 939 socket is a dieing breed eh?

I'm prolly just gona search ebay for a newer rig with at least am2 and ddr2 memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom