Hi guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. My config is
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600
Asus M2n32 Sli wireless|deluxe mobo
Antec P180b case
WD caviar 500 GB hard drive
Corsair 2GB DDR2 Ram
GeForce 8800 GTX

This was my first built rig, and it has worked fine for just over a year now.
Yesterday, I noticed that the front USB ports were damaged, and the plastic was falling off. I saw that one of the pins was bent when I tried to put it back on. This is when i did something stupid - i tried to straighten out the pin with a screwdriver, without powering off the machine. Stupid, i know. Sparks flew when the screwdriver touched the pin. Computer froze, and now refuses to POST

What have I done and is it possible to isolate where the problem is? Could it be a case problem? is the mobo fried? can anything be salvaged?

Where does it stop at? Does the mother board turn on? What error message do you get? How many beeps if any?

Edited for the letter H

Try disconnecting the usb ports from the motherboard. Also try clearing the cmos, plus remove the battery.

Where does it stop at? Does the mother board turn on? What error message do you get? How many beeps if any?

Edited for the letter H

Thanks for the quick response guys. The fans come on. Thats about it. No beeps. not getting an error message, the video card is not producing any signal. I tried disconnecting the front USB ports, no luck. The motherboard seems to be working, and I can hear the HDD spin... any ideas how to diagnose this would be appreciated

As brinks said disconnect the usb Ports. If still no video Try using onboard video if you have it to see if you get a Video Signal. Or a different video card if you have one for testing. If all of that doesn't work i'd say you probably damaged the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom