I have Vista but I want to down grade to XP. How do I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
Title says it all. I installed Windows Vista Ultimate in my computer but I feel I would get better performance with XP. I popped in the XP disc and it doesn't let me install it. Is there any way I can downgrade to it?

Boot from the XP CD, and use that setup instead, and format the drive first, then install XP

not if u want to keep all your data. the best way is to backup all your data first then do a clean boot and wipe your hard drive first. if you do want to keep everything, a good idea can be to make a partion and put everything you want in there then just wipe the other partion with nothing on it and install windows on there.

Find Windows XP drivers for the hardware first. If some aren't available, it might be a good idea to learn to love Vista.

If you're talking about a desktop, the others have it covered. If you're talking about a laptop that shipped with Vista, you better hit up the manufacturer's website for drivers.

Clean installs are nice ^.^ But Vista is pretty nice IMHO. Once I started using the new Vista, I would never go back to XP. You just have to have an open mind about things. Of course my laptop is running 3.5GB system memory and almost 2GB Video memory so... Vista runs great. But hey, to each his own.

Vista looks like and all but everyone has been telling me that you will get better performance with XP. Also a lot of my motherboards features are not supported by Vista like the remote control and wifi. Its the Asus P5W DH Deluxe. So I downloaded a bootleg copy of XP and they found out and now want me to verify the copy. Luckily it was on my old HP computer.

vista is a resource hog but, there shouldn't be a single worry as long as you have a pretty decent system. I certainly recommend 4gb using Vista.

vista is a resource hog but, there shouldn't be a single worry as long as you have a pretty decent system. I certainly recommend 4gb using Vista.

4gb for a gamer
2gb for a casual user is my recommendation

I didn't find Vista to be a resource hog at all....

try using those 99 tweaks for Vista, and you will notice quite the performance jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom