AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and?
lol....
the 6600 isnt even tested on that benchmark link.
and the 5000 clocks higher than the 6000's stock speed, and the 6000 aint very far behind.
lets not turn this into AMD vs intel. i'm saying that his cpu isnt the problem, because i have it, and i know.

sooo my monitor is the bottleneck.. can i adjust the refresh rate on my monitor somehow? or is it stuck like that.

What do you think of the E8400 processor then nagasma? because I've been planning to upgrade... but if it is my monitor that is the problem, i just need a new monitor.. lol

This is the monitor I have

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 906BW Black-Silver 19" 2 ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 DC - LCD Monitors

I guess LCD displays are locked at 60hz??
What if I were to link the display with the DVI-D cable and not the VGA/D-sub cable

It just seems kind of weird that most LCD monitors are 60 Hertz.. so almost everybody would be having this problem...

most lcd monitors are 60mhz. some 1280 x 1040 are 75mhz.
my 24" is 60.
crt monitors have a higher refresh rate than lcds.
the funny thing is, this is an issue for pretty much anyone that doesnt have a huge monitor, or a really old cpu. you just never hear about it, because then hardware wouldn't sell i guess.
i like the 8400. as a matter of fact, i am torn between getting an e8400 or a 9850 phenom.
but, i'm not considering it to actually improve my gaming experience...because its not going to...likely i will see no change.
im thinking of getting it because:
a. i would like to have a kick-boodie overclocker, besides my 5000BE.
b. i would like the experience from overclocking an intel, which i have never done
c. i am going to put my 5000 to folding maybe.
d. i want a good benchmark chip (vain...i know lol).
e. i can get an 8400 and an asus p5q pro mobo for like 320 (newegg) and thats pretty cheap.
f. pretty much all i do is game and encode the occasional dvd. so, i dont really need a quad core. and i am hesitant to buy the 9850 because it is hot and not the best overclocker. but it is a great chip in any event. if i go with the 8400, i will be looking at the 45nm AMDs when they come out. i like new stuff.

at 1920x1200.. i think SLi is needd if you like throwing in high anti-aliasing.. high meaning 8xQSAA and 16xAF ... with those in certain games.. SLi is needed... but if you care not of filters.. then 1 single gts will get the job done no doubt

i play 1920 x 1200 4x 8/16x and those are the frames i get. i guess cranking the aa up to x8 would drop it a bit, but no discernable difference in appearance.
if i uncap the frames, sli will give me a substantial increase in fps. with frames capped (or vsync on) and a single card max settings, frames rarely drop below 60. with sli, they never drop below 60.

I'm getting really confused with this stuff right now... haha
here is what I'm planning doing. Getting the evga 750i ftw mobo and a E8400. Now with the 750i there aren't any SATA slots, is this really needed? Would it make that much of a difference if the hdd is hooked through sata or ide?

it has 4 sata ports.
yes, there is a difference. maybe not a big one, but definitely a difference.
and i've read that mobo has serious video issues. you may want to look into that.

i have a 680i A1 i could sell you.. even is pencil modded so you're voltage on the board doesnt drop as much!!

i'd even sell it for 100 dollars shipped to you!

if you knew my history with evga, you'd know that i would never suggest any of their products. certainly not their mobos.
anyways...i'm not the best intel motherboard advisor. im sure one of the other guys here can help you better than myself.

i love my 680i... its gotten me 4.0ghz on a q6600 and q6700.. works wonders

i'd like to add i still have the sata cables, I/O shield, instructions, and IDE cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom