urgent problem. keyboard broke!help quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay backup. This sounds like interference from another device. You are using a device that uses the same bandwidth as cordless phones among a lot of other common household items. Such as garage door openers. So interference can come from so many different things. I would try removing anything that could cause interference first.
No garage.
And I doubt that the interference has been going on for 24 hours straight, starting quite randomly at 3AM.
I doubt it is interference.
What could cause interference, however?
Also have you connected the keyboard to the receiver? Pressing the connect button on the receiver and the flipping the keyboard over and pressing the connect button on there?
I did. If you read what I posted above you see that that won't work for the mouse (the mouse has the problem now; the keyboard is fine. ) And besides, yesterday the top button on the keyboards worked, but the problem was that they were the useless buttons.
The specs for the hardware list something called "Enhanced F-Key Functionality", but I can't find any specifics on it. There must be some key combination you can press to toggle this feature on and off. That would likely be why an "F" indicator on the keyboard is lit.
The F indicator is on the wireless reciever, not on the keyboard (which is working fine now) or the mouse (which is the thing not working now).

I do appreciate your help though. Just please read closer what I wrote. I tried to give as much information as possible. But thanks, guys.

What did you do to get it to work?

I'd rather not talk about it.

. . . .
fine.

I needed new batteries.
They ran out quicker than I thought.
That doesnt explain the first day though, and how only the top buttons of the keyboard worked originally.
And now to back out of these forums incredibly embarrassed . . .

Well at least you got it figured out =).

And don't worry...that's not the most embarassing thing we've seen somebody do, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom