0x00000024 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

elateral

Baseband Member
I think my HDD is dead, but am not 100% sure.

I'm running XP, and when I boot up, it just shows the moving bar and never fully gets into XP. When I try safe mode, it just gets stuck. I tried a vista dvd to reformat, but it BSODs. The XP cd just gets stuck...

Is there anything I can do?

Did you set the boot sequence to boot from CD first?

You probably did but worth asking

Use GParted. LiveCD will format it easily.

Can you use the XP CD to get into the Recovery Console or can you get into Safe Mode at all?

Boot from CD is first, and I can seem to boot from CDs, but not reformat. I can't use safe mode either.

The XP CD gets stuck before the screen where I choose what I want to do.

So the CP CD gets stuck before you can get into the Recovery Console or to repair it?

If you can boot from CD's and get that far you should be able to use GParted.

SourceForge.net: Files

Version 0.3.3 is the one i currently use.

So the CP CD gets stuck before you can get into the Recovery Console or to repair it?

If you can boot from CD's and get that far you should be able to use GParted.

SourceForge.net: Files

Version 0.3.3 is the one i currently use.

I downloaded 3.6 live and when I run it, it gives me the error: fatal server error - no screens found. Any Ideas?

Wow. Sounds like you got a serious issue going on with your system. This goes beyond your Hard Drive.

Have you tried to flash your BIOS?

Wow. Sounds like you got a serious issue going on with your system. This goes beyond your Hard Drive.

Have you tried to flash your BIOS?

Well, no...

But as an update, I couldn't get the gparted cd to work, but I did use an ubuntu CD that seemed to work. I "deleted" the whole partition according to it. When I restarted, it still had the Windows loading bar there. The XP CD got farther this time, but when I tried to format, I got a BSOD and an "driver irql not less or equal" message. I am trying to repair right now.

OK, the XP CD gets stuck with this message.

Examining 143087 MB Disk 0 at 0 on bus 0 on atapi...

I do appreciate the help! I think I will try and see if the Ubuntu CD will get me any farther...

UPDATE
The Ubuntu CD seems to be working and is at 64% now.
If I do end up needing to flash it, I have a GA-P35-DS3L, but I'm not quite sure if its revision 1 or 2...

I installed Ubuntu successfully! I am reformating with XP now, but If I run into any problems, I know where to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom