anyone know anything about microsoft, xbox360, and wireless headsets? :'

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
so im looking to buy a wireless headset for my computer, primarily for gaming... and i found this one:

26-105-208-01.jpg

Newegg.com - Microsoft LifeChat ZX-6000 Single Ear Earset

the single ear, small, wireless style appeals greatly to me, and the price looks about fair...
but to me, it looks EXACTLY like an XBOX 360 headset! and its made by microsoft... i therefor would assume that i could possibly use it with my XBOX as well, no? or even use its wireless receiver for a wireless controller even mebbe? i have no idea... anyone?
and also, does anyone know or can you find a pic of what the USB receiver for this thing looks like? or at least tell me definitively if its a small, stick-style receiver or one of those big base-station style ones with a cord? thats kinda important to my decision as well...

or does anyone have any opinions on this headset just in general? preferably from experience?

thanks alot :) - RK

EDIT: btw, the headsets for my comp, so please dont move this thread... the XBOX thing is an afterthought... ty :)

In Theory it could work. But i do not think you get the XBOX receiver. Which allows the XBOX to receive the headset signal. In that point it might not even connect if you do buy just the receiver for the XBOX.

As for the device it self i have not seen any pics of the base. But if Google Image is of any help it looks like this:

BC10077689.jpg

The block is the receiver. I have thought of getting one of these myself. Then i thought to myself. I dont use Voice on my PC much to get it. :p

In Theory it could work. But i do not think you get the XBOX receiver. Which allows the XBOX to receive the headset signal. In that point it might not even connect if you do buy just the receiver for the XBOX.

i am entirely confused by what you said... haha... all i caught was that it might work... XD

but yea, actually on newegg, it shows it with this packaging:

26-105-208-03.jpg

so i figured, a big block base like that wouldnt fit in such small packaging, right?
and also, the one in the pic you posted looks EXACTLY like the wireless device receiver for windows that they sell for XBOX stuff...

360-wireless-receiver.jpg

hmmm... again, i wonder... :' - RK

Again i dont think it will work cause i do not think it will connect to the XBOX receiver. If it did then it would be pointless for them to sell this as the XBOX version is cheaper.

It will most likely not work, unless you modify your xbox 360. I have the offical wireless headset for the 360, it is quite comfortable, good clear sound the one problem I have with it is that you cant use it wile it is charging.

It will most likely not work, unless you modify your xbox 360. I have the offical wireless headset for the 360, it is quite comfortable, good clear sound the one problem I have with it is that you cant use it wile it is charging.

thats good to know and thanks for the replies, everyone :) - RK

Yes, they are probably the EXACT SAME THING, but knowing Microsoft, they've done some work with the serial numbers and such to block them...typical Microsoft fashion of making you buy the same thing twice because each is software locked. I bet you'd be able to use the black headset receiver with Xbox controllers and such, but only with hacked drivers (I'm assuming it uses the exact same protocol but is locked by drivers). Again, I'm not sure, my friend has the white XBOX 360 receiver for Windows and it works fine with his controller, but he doesn't have a headset.

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently it IS compatible.

How to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller to a LifeChat ZX-6000 receiver

Maybe Microsoft was thinking for the customers this time, but apparently it's the same thing just different color.

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently it IS compatible. Maybe Microsoft was thinking for the customers this time, but apparently it's the same thing just different color.

awesome! thanks alot for the link... tis very similar to what i was looking for... now i hope i can find a way to connect the headset to my XBOX too... hehe

oh and so i got the headset from Newegg today, and when i busted it open, it did in fact have a base-station-receiver-thing that has a cable... butttt... its alot smaller then i thought it might be, so im not too displeased... tho i still would have like a USB thumbdrive style/size one better... w/e tho... looks like this:
DSCN0486.jpg

now for the lulz... when i flipped it over, guess what it said, right there on the bottom of it? here ya go:
DSCN0488.jpg

"MICROSOFT XBOX360 WIRELESS RECEIVER FOR WINDOWS"

lmao XD
ill let yall know how it works out... :) - RK

LOL nice! That's exactly what the 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows (360 branded white one) looks like. I'm thinking the headset is just a rebranded 360 Wireless headset then :)

LOL nice! That's exactly what the 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows (360 branded white one) looks like. I'm thinking the headset is just a rebranded 360 Wireless headset then :)

yupyup... looks exactly the same, just black (which is better, hehe)... its even labeled the same! haha...

its not even rebranded, its just repackaged, it looks like!

so... hopefully ill just be able to use it for both XBOX and PC :D - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom