AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleh, i won't mind, i'm sure i'll have it up around 3.6ghz and i'll be fine with it

Okay, but here is a question looking into the future. If I'm running a 750i mobo with 2 gigs of mushkin ddr2 1066 ram, and the E8400. Could I run 2 8800GTS G92's??

the more i read about running 2 512's tho....
you wont really have more frames than your monitors refresh rate...really is the case with SLI period. so, if you dont have a 32" monitor, it wont really matter (i have a 24" and i am about to return the 2nd card because it is making really no difference @ my resolution with all max settings)...SLI with those two VERY powerful cards is rather pointless.
but, if you uncap the frames it will run higher (or at least, fraps will display that it is higher). if you were going to get 2 512's immmediately, i'd go with a gx2 instead.

i dont know how thats possible. i get excellent FPS in every game i play. i get/got excellent rates with just one. as a matter of fact i was just playing cod4 at 80+ with one card.
i really get good framerates (displayed by fraps) when i uncap the game.
but, it doesn't do any good if your monitor only displays "x" fps (ie in your case, 60)...your monitor is still the bottleneck, not your cpu. i can run my 5000 at 2.4ghz and see no difference in framerates versus running it at 3.3ghz.
your cpu is not the problem.

at 1920x1200.. i think SLi is needd if you like throwing in high anti-aliasing.. high meaning 8xQSAA and 16xAF ... with those in certain games.. SLi is needed... but if you care not of filters.. then 1 single gts will get the job done no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom